May 4-5, 2024
Houston (15-17) & Austin (11s)
All teams must check in online prior to their first match. There will be no on-site check-in and no paper copies will be accepted at the event. Roster changes cannot be made after confirming online check in. If a roster change is needed, email to request a check in reset, and then complete the online check in process again.
No paper roster copies will be accepted. Complete check in online prior to starting
For the Lone Star Regional 11s, 15s-17s please contact:
Contact: Austin Sports Center Event Staff
For The Lone Star Regional Championships 12s-14s please contact:
Contact: Tournaments LLC Staff
Email is the best way to contact us during and outside office hours.
Tie Breaking Procedures for Bid Divisions
All ties will be broken using the USAV Qualifier Manual procedures. Please note that all tie breakers are 1 set to 15.
IT IS THE COACH’S RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW IF A PLAYOFF WILL BE HELD FOR THEIR POOL. DO NOT LEAVE THE FACILITY UNTIL YOUR POOL IS COMPLETED AND FINISHES HAVE BEEN POSTED FOR THE POOL IN AES. WHEN IN DOUBT, STAY UNTIL THE POOL IS FINISHED AND POSTED IN AES. EVENT STAFF AND OFFICIALS HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED NOT TO ANSWER HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS TO AVOID PROVIDING INACCURATE INFORMATION.
- The tournament will determine if a tie breaker set is needed.
- Teams are seeded and the tie breaker set(s) is/are scheduled on the grid in AES.
- The score sheet is printed, and a member of staff pages the teams involved in the tie breaker by announcing the teams and court number.
- The assigned referee takes the score sheet to the court to begin warm up.
- If any of the three involved teams are missing, the referee does the coin toss and starts the warm-up protocol (the coin toss is considered the start of the “10-minute clock”) and notifies a head referee if one or more teams are not present.
- If one or more teams are still missing at the end of 10 minutes, the head referee in conjunction with tournament staff determines if a tie breaker is still needed based on the number of teams missing and the number of tie breaker sets originally needed.
If there was an error in the system (ie. scores were improperly entered, system outage, etc.), the tournament staff will immediately notify all teams by text using the phone number provided on online check in for the event and a proper amount of time will be given to allow teams to play off the tie.
Format & Schedule
The Lone Star Regional Championship 15s-17s event will take place over 2 days.
To be accepted teams must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be in the Lone Star Region
- Register on AES
- Submit entry fee payment
- Complete stay and play requirements
Policies and Procedures
LATE FEES - Late fees start at 12:01AM on the AES late registration date. Teams who register and/or pay after the registration deadline will incur an additional $50 fee.
Late fees will not be refunded if a team withdraws and paid the late fee(s). All entry fees are nontransferable. Teams may not apply entry fees to any other tournament.
Drops may or may not warrant a refund, reference the refund policy for full details. If a team wishes to drop from the tournament, email the tournament director. Include the following in the email:
- Team Name
- Club Name
- Reason for the drop
|Teams PENDING that drop prior to the Registration Deadline
|Full Refund Less $50
|Teams PENDING that drop between Late Registration Deadline & Registration Close Deadline
|Full Refund Less $150
|Teams ACCEPTED that drop prior to the Late Registration Deadline
|Full Refund Less $150
|Teams ACCEPTED that drop after the Late Registration Deadline
- Daily Pass = $14
- Weekend Pass = $24
Child/Senior (6-17, 65+)
- Daily Pass = $6
- Weekend Pass = $14
Children 5 and under
Spectators purchasing tickets for the Lone Star Regional Championships are agreeing to abide by the USAV Spectator/Parent Code of Conduct.
The following are not allowed at the event or venue(s):
- Personal Seats and chairs
- Recreational personal transportation devices (i.e. hover boards, skateboards, etc.)
- Outside food
- All tobacco products – including e-Cigarettes and vaping products
- Alcoholic beverages
- Loud noise makers including boom boxes
- Animals (exception: service dogs are welcome)
- Other items as determined by the staff
Service animals are welcome in the venue. However, emotional support animals and pets are prohibited.
A service animal is defined by the ADA as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The tasks performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability.
Travel - Stay to Play Event
STAY TO PLAY
This event is a stay-to-play tournament. For teams traveling more than 60 miles, it is mandatory to utilize EM2 Housing to book accommodations for all travelers.
New priority housing system
Between November 13-27, 2023, EM2 Housing will contact registered and paid clubs weekly, according to AES timestamp order, to secure hotel reservations. The registration payment deadline for priority housing access is November 24, 2023.
After priority housing
Hotels open publicly on December 7, 2023, at 8 am CST.
Visit https://www.advancedeventsystems.com/hotels to book hotels online.
If you do not see enough availability for your team or your preferred hotel is sold out, contact EM2 Housing for assistance. Rooms booked with a hotel directly or through an alternate hotel website will not qualify to participate in this stay-to-play tournament.
Failure to maintain minimum housing requirements can result in pending or dropped status.